Sunday, March 19, 2023

March 19, 2023. Madison, Mississippi. Chilly Weather.

 The weather has been sunny since I returned to Mississippi. and the temperatures have been pleasant.   But yesterday it turned chilly.  In fact over night the temperature was below freezing.  And tonight it will be 28 degrees.  I never did turn off the heat so the home is warm, at least in the main part of the house.  But I keep my bedroom cooler and my television room is attached to the bedroom.  So my TV room is chilly.  I must work hard to stay warm while watching the television at night.

I look a sight.  I wear heavy wool socks.  And I put on Kens plaid flannel night shirt, which has long sleeves and comes down to my ankles.  When eating supper in the television room I wrap my back and arms in a fleece  robe.  Over my legs and lower body I wrap myself in the cosy blanket that Christina gave me for Christmas.  I look ridiculous but I am warm.

When I watch television after supper I wrap the blanket up to my shoulders so only my face can be seen.  Portia hates cold weather as did my last helper Kashina, so I must keep the main part of the house warm and cosy.  But the bedroom stays cooler for sleeping so I must wrap up.  I have gotten used to 80 degrees and I do not enjoy being cold.   I must look a sight, but who cares.

No comments: