Thursday, March 23, 2023

March 23, 2023. Madison, Mississippi. The Apostle Stamp.

Paul B. has been helping us to transfer ownership of my Playa Royale eo Wonderful Wendy.  It is complicated because we must actually have a settlement at the land records in Mexico.  When we were in In Mexico we signed some documents  but both Wendy and I had to do was get things motorized at home.  And we had to have an Apostle Stamp on the documents.  Until Paul was describing what we were requited to do, I had no idea what an Apostle Stamp was all about.  But I knew that dealing with the government could be difficult.  So I was apprehensive.

My task was to have a Notary certify the death certificate.  And then have the state of Mississippi place the Apostle Stamp on the death certificate.  Paul gave me the instructions when I left Mexico.  I thought that getting it done would be a problem.  First of all, there is no place on the death certificate to sign.  But Portia called the Apostle office at the state capitol building.  The lady she spoke to gave Portia the name of the employee who would notarize the death certificate first.  Then we were to take the document to the Apostle office.

On Tuesday we met with the notary who fortunately had done this before.  We met her in her office and she told us the drill.  After I filled out a form, she notarized that form but she could not touch the death certificate itself.  That death certificate is an original document, she said, and she can not alter it.  We then were to go to the state capitol for the Apostle Stamp.  But we ran out of time and we went home.  But today, we went downtown and Portia took the death certificate plus the for motorized from  Tuesday into the office.  There was no parking so I stayed in the car which was parked in a bank parking lot.

Much to my surprise, she returned in 5 minutes, all done.  Next we went to PacMail to be courted to Paul in Mexico.  My job is now over.  Next week, Paul will tell me the closing costs.  After I send those funds, our documents will go to the land records of the county in Mexico.  Eventually, Wendy will get the deed.  Today was a great success.  Progress indeed.

No comments: