Wednesday, March 29, 2023

March 29, 2023. Madison, Mississippi. Flannel Sheets.

In Nova Scotia I use flannel sheets all summer.  The nights are always chilly even during the summer,  so in order to keep me cosy, I use flannel sheets.  But I do not put flannel sheets on all the other beds which are used by guests.  Many people find flannel sheets too warm.

But in Mississippi, I only use flannel sheets when the weather is cold.  I have a major decision, here in Mississippi,  as to when the time is right to take off the flannel sheets.  It was like the changing of the guard.  When I switch to regular cotton sheets, I never go back to flannel until the late Fall, when the weather again will be chilly.  Before I arrived home to Mississippi, the weather turned hot and I knew my flannel sheets were still on my bed.  But I got lucky.   The  weather turned cold so I kept my flannel sheets on the bed for a couple of weeks.

Portia changes the sheets every Friday and as it was going to be 80, I asked her to use regular cotton sheets.  And she laundered and put away the cosy flannel sheets, the ones with snowmen and snow.  I love those sheets but I will not see them until I return from Nova Scotia.  The guard has changed, finally.

No comments: