Thursday, July 12, 2012

July 12, 2012. Western Head, NS. Sauerkraut

Vinal grows the cabbage in the garden of our home and makes sauerkraut.    He  freezes several bags for us and keeps them in the freezer.  When we return, Betty makes a special dish made of sausage, pork and the sauerkraut, finally topping it with dumplings, the whole served over mashed potatoes.  It is delicious.  Last evening, Betty brought the meal over for our dinner.  Ten of us enjoyed it enormously.  Even Molly.   It is too bad Andrew is not here as he loves sauerkraut.

It is interesting what children eat.  Kate does not eat sauerkraut while Molly and Mary Frances eat it at any opportunity.   The other day at lunch at the Quarterdeck, I ordered mussels.  Molly was sitting beside me.  I offered one to Molly which she accepted.  She proceeded to eat a dozen.  Tonight I ordered fried clams at the restaurant.  Molly was again sitting beside me and when offered, ate a dozen.  Christina and I were both surprised.  It is interesting what children eat.

No comments: