Friday, July 20, 2012

July 20, 2012. Western Head, NS. Lazy.

I know that people do it all the time, but for me it is unusual.   In fact, it always seemed to me to be the height of laziness,  but this afternoon, I have watched The British Open golf tournament on TV and have enjoyed every minute.   It has not been boring a bit.

The fact of being retired has turned upside down the concept of laziness.   Throughout my life,  I was trained to do my duty and to work hard.   Now I have convinced myself that watching a golf tournament all afternoon is acceptable and might even be desirable.   Very often, I will spend all day reading, especially when we are living in Mexico and always thought that made me lazy.  Now I am watching golf on TV and  am loving it.  Ken is  working in the garden while Pat and Mal are preparing for a cocktail party at the Guest House tonight,  but I am doing nothing, being lazy watching the British Open golf tournament.  Does this mean I am lazy or smart?

No comments: