Sunday, July 8, 2012

July 8, 2012. Western Head, NS. Canadian Football.

There are many reasons to be living in Nova Scotia for the summer.   Possibly, the most important are the weather and the topography and the people.   The view from our home is spectacular while the temperature is perfect.  The people are unfailingly pleasant and helpful.  While DC is hot we are cool.  We feel so fortunate to have purchased this place all those years ago.

Another aspect of living in Nova Scotia is watching Canadian Football.  The games begin in July because winter comes early so I can watch football all summer.  Last year I learned the rules, so this year I can dissect the games.  The players are smaller than NFL players and don't hit so hard, so the injuries are not as dangerous, but the quarterbacks are not good enough so the scores are low.  I already know what needs to be done to make the game better!!  I am enjoying the games but last summer picked Montreal to win the Grey Cup.  In fact, Vancouver won.  This year I am picking Hamilton to win it all.   Having a few games I have become an expert!!    I am probably wrong of course but I am enjoying watching Canadian Football.

No comments: