Sunday, July 29, 2012

July 29, 2012. Western Head, NS. Escape.

The weather was wonderful and we had no company, so Friday morning, Ken and I escaped to the cottage.     No cell phone and no iPad.   Just lovely weather at a little cottage and a good book.  I sat at the deck beside the lake and read all afternoon Friday and Saturday morning.  In the afternoon, Ken and I attended a meeting of other cottage owners, then visited our neighbors who are building an addition.   We were so pleased with our escape from the real world that we stayed another night.

But there is a problem with living at the cottage and it is all my fault.   I don't sleep very well.   I have tried to figure out why.   Perhaps the mattress is too hard, or maybe too small.     After all, we are used to sleeping in a Queen bed and at the cottage the bed is a double.  Normally, I go to bed and fall asleep immediately, but not at the cottage.   Now the bedroom is very small and I suspect that the size of the bedroom is playing tricks to my mind.  I hope I get over this sleeping issue because we enjoyed our escape to the cottage, but I also enjoy a good nights sleep, so we came home.  

No comments: