Monday, July 2, 2012

July 2, 2012. Western Head, NS. Company.

I am accustomed to having the freezer full and the refrigerators packed to the gills, but now I have a house full of company with an empty fridge and freezer.   In addition, this morning,  I invited friends to come and say hello to Dave and Irene and Andrew and Christina and the girls, before being told that the stores are all closed today.  Yesterday was the July the First Holiday so the stores are making their holiday today.  Thus the stores are closed.  Whoops.

No one will mind even though we have no wine.   I am calm.  It is not my fault.  I have two boxes of Asian appetizers in the freezer which we will eat.  And we have a bit of cheese.  We are out of scotch but we have a very large bottle of champagne.  It was given to us last summer and we will drink it all tonight.  If we run out, I will not mind.  We are all in the land of the living and we will enjoy each others company.  Who cares what we eat or drink as long as we are together?   Now that is my story and I will stick with it, no matter what, even though I have a house full of company and have no food or drink.   Now, the only question is whether or not my friends feel the same?  We will certainly find out!!

No comments: