Friday, July 27, 2012

July 27, 2012. Western Head, NS. David.

Yesterday was my son David's birthday.  As he was born in 1969, that makes him 43 years old.   He is as fine a son as any mother would ever want, so I am fortunate to have a son such as David.   I called to congratulate him yesterday and asked him how he enjoyed being 43.  He was at work so of course did not wish to engage in lengthy chit chat but he did comment that considering the options, he was perfectly happy to be 43.

I have had several relatives called David.  My only brother is David.   He reminded me that when I called Mother to tell her of David's birth, they were all at a cottage on Lake Joseph, at a resort called Redwood Cottage.   Now Dave and Irene and Wendy own one of the same cottages.   Everyone was excited to hear of the new birth in the family.

And my Mother had a brother named David, so I had an uncle David, who was an Anglican minister.   He was the oldest in their family.  I often wondered whether or not my parents would name any subsequent male babies after my Mother's other brothers, which were John and Joseph.  No boy babies appeared, only daughters, Carol and then Ruth, so they were never put to the test.

David is a fine name and I am grateful to have David's in my life!!

No comments: