Tuesday, July 17, 2012

July 16, 2012. Western Head, NS. Leaving.

Everyone is leaving us. All the Ely family children and grandchildren have left as have our own. Our home is silent. I have been organizing sheets and towels and toys all day. It is not nearly as much fun as setting the house up for the family when they are arriving, but it is all part of the same package. I wouldn't be doing the leaving activities if the family had not arrived. This afternoon I actually read a bit in Commentary magazine on my IPad.

Normally I would be leaving out the toys for David and Suzanne and the children when they arrive very soon, but this summer their schedules just don't allow a trip to Nova Scotia so I will close up the trunks. It is an unusual summer for me. Pat and Mal are here now but after they leave our home will be empty except for us. I am not sure how I will act!! And of course my sister was coming in September but she died. I am entering a new world. But I bet I will muddle through.

No comments: