Thursday, July 19, 2012

July 19, 2012. Western Head, NS. Friends and Cousins.

Many times in your life, you meet someone you like,  yet the friendship never gels.   Perhaps you meet at a period of your life when time constraints provides no opportunity to get to know each other.  Perhaps one spouse does not enjoy the other person so you never get together again.   It is always interesting to me who ends up becoming a good friend, a friend that stays with you for your whole life.

The same is true with cousins.  I have had nine cousins, two on my Father's side and seven on my Mother's.   Only one cousin became a good friend, my cousin Diane, who died last year.   She lived with us for a year in Vancouver, when she was a nursing student.  Even though she was older than me, we were always friends, and remained so throughout our lives.

Her younger sister Mary never lived in the same city as us so I never knew her well and although she was always pleasant when we visited Vancouver, we were never close.  Now, both of us have lost our sisters, so perhaps we will become friends via the e mails.   It is always interesting to me who becomes a friend but I am hoping that Mary, who is a cousin, will also become a friend.  Time will tell.

No comments: