Monday, July 30, 2012

July 30, 2012. Western Head, NS. The Olympics.

It is a good thing it comes every four years but I love watching the Olympics on TV.   Even water polo is fun especially when I can switch from station to station and return to water polo only to check the score.   Today I got to see a bit of the kayak white water competition, and yesterday the table tennis.   So far, they have shown no field hockey coverage at all, and only five minutes of badminton.   A woman from the US won the gold medal in skeet shooting, hitting 99 out of 100 targets.   All I got to see was one picture of her smiling face.

At my disposal  all day I have three channels covering the Olympics, two Canadian stations along with NBC,  so by switching from channel to another I can catch up with most action shown on TV.  I know that all events are being filmed so I dream of the time when I can just dial up whatever sport I wish to watch, not just what is being shown by the  station.   I still love watching swimming, gymnastics and diving but I want more.  

There is something about being a human being that means we are never satisfied.    I like what I am watching, but I want more coverage of the minor sports.  I am pleased to be watching the Olympics in Canada.  Next Winter Olympics I must arrange to be living in Canada too!!


No comments: