Monday, July 18, 2016

July 18, 2016. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Our Main Street.

Always at the beginning and the end of our time here I walk the main street.  First I walk along one side, going into every business that looks interesting, then I cross the street to the other side and do the same thing.  I like to know what is happening in the downtown of my town.    The main street is a perfect length.  45 minutes it took today for Molly, Christina and I to walk the whole length,  which included shopping in a gift shop and the drug store.

Always stores have closed or changed hands.   Gone is our bakery and the Country Junction.  A discount store is opening where a department store used to be.  But we have a new restaurant on the main street and Oscars is still there, although I have been told he is moving to Vancouver soon.  

After our walk, we three stopped at Oscars for tea.   His place is charming.  It is a combination of gift store, florists shop and restaurant.  Antique chairs and tables are scattered around the store amidst the gifts for sale.   Oscar opened his place in the spring of 2015.  He assures me that the place will continue to stay open when he moves.  I hope he is right.  We three agreed it is a good addition to our downtown main street.  My date square was delicious.   Walking the whole main street in Fredericksburg on both sides from one end the the other would take two hours.  But in Liverpool,  I can walk from one end of town to the other on both sides of the street in under an hour, and end up for our treat of a goodie and a cup of tea.  This main street is the perfect size.

No comments: