Thursday, July 7, 2016

July 7, 2016. Canyon Lake, Texas. Our Tasks.

Ken and I do best with projects.  This week, our tasks were to get trees trimmed, have the hot tub removed and find someone to maintain the yard.  So far, only one task has been accomplished.  But I have faith.

The man who cleaned up the yard when we first arrived assured us he would remove the hot tub but he did not do it although he said he would be here on Tuesday morning with his crew.  His intention was to use the hot tub for himself.  When I phoned him he once again, he said he would be here first thing Thursday morning but again he did not appear. Finally he admitted that it was too heavy.  Now I have contacted the hot tub company to remove the tub.  So far the workman has not called me back.  Bu we are not worried as the work can be done after we leave.  The next time we come in October I feel sure the hot tub will be gone.  If no one else will remove it, our tree man will bring his crew with chain saws and remove it piece by piece.

Yard maintenance will be more difficult.  I have asked two companies to come by for an estimate.  The difficulty is that we have no grass so we really only need trimming every month or so.  One of the companies works for our neighbors Tim and Sharon so perhaps they would want the job.  Both have assured me they will get back to me with an estimate.  So far, no response.  One company has 300 homes in Canyon Lake to look after.  He is the one who manages our neighbors yard so we hope he will look after us too.  David would be pleased to have all three tasks completed and we will too.  We like to check off those tasks on our list of projects.

No comments: