Friday, July 8, 2016

July 8, 2016. Canyon Lake, Texas. The Weather.

Temperature is relative.  We have been in Texas long enough to feel chilly when the temperature gets to 75 degrees which it does at 6:00 in the morning.   The rest of the day we stay indoors.   Tonight before dinner I sat on the deck.  I could hear the wind from inside the house so I thought it would be pleasant but when I opened the door to go outside I was met with a blast furnace.   Even at 6:30, the temperature was 90.   The wind was blowing hard but even the breezes did not make me comfortable so after 15 minutes I came back inside.

Ken and I talk about getting up early and walking but I do not wish to get up early.  We both spent all our working days getting up at 6:00.  One of the pleasures of being retired is to get up when you awaken and not be beholden to the alarm clock so we resist the early walks.  Instead we go to the hardware store and walk around the large air conditioned building.  Or we walk around the house and up and down the stairs.  I don't know how they do it, but the workmen work outside in this hot weather without batting an eye.  The work must go on even though every day the temperature gets to be 99 or 100 degrees.   But it is the summer and it is Texas so what can we expect.  To survive we just stay indoors.

No comments: