Tuesday, July 5, 2016

July 5, 2016. Canyon Lake, Texas. The Wasps Nest.

Saturday late morning I walked down to watch the action at the lake.  We have a partial cover from the sun and David set two chairs under the cover, so with a bottle of water, sunscreen and bug spray, I was set to observe the action.  The way down is a wooden path with rails on both sides.  As it is uneven, I always hold on to both railings.   Today that was a bad idea because just near the bottom, on the other side of the rail, I grabbed a wasp nest.  They stung my little finger several times.  David went for liquid benedril for me and wasp spray for the nest and soon all was back to normal.

The wasp stings hurt but I did laugh.  By nature, I am not superstitious but last week I had two sets of bites so I just knew a third one was on the way and I was right.   Not only do I still have the red spots from the chigger bites and the blisters of the fire ants but also I have a big red mark at the base of my little finger on my left hand.  I look like a wounded warrior.  Now that I have the three sets of bites, I am clear of any more for the next ten years.  I have done my duty.

No comments: