Monday, July 25, 2016

July 25, 2016. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Television Sports.

Every so often I stumble on a remarkable and exciting sporting event.  On Saturday evening after returning from The Readers' Festival, I turned on the TV to watch a few minutes of the game between Hamilton and Edmonton of the Canadian Football League.   The score was 31 to 6 for Edmonton.  The game had just beginning the 4th quarter.   I thought the game was over and almost turned it off  but I decided to watch for one series.

Well, the quarterback for Hamilton went on a tear.  He threw pass after pass, all completed.  I watched in amazement.  Poor Edmonton could do nothing right.  Touchdown after touchdown by Hamilton.  Soon the score was 34 to 31 for Hamilton.  The quarterback completed 23 passes in the same game and all in a row, which was a record for the Canadian Football League.  The final score was 40 to 31 for Hamilton.  

I always wonder how these extraordinary things occur.  Was the play calling extra good?  Did the receivers try just a bit harder to hold onto the ball?  I have no clue.  But I do know it was fun watching this string of completed passes.  And especially good because Hamilton won.

No comments: