Sunday, July 24, 2016

July 24, 2016. Western Head, Nova Scotia. A Thrill.

Down our driveway drove a car, a car I had not seen for a long time.  I had just walked over to the workshop, where Ken was puttering with some tools.  The big door was wide open, just like a garage.    But I did not get the opportunity to tell him what I wanted because out of the car got our good friends, Walt and Mary MacDonald.   What a thrill for both Ken and me!   We four sat and chatted for ten minutes while Walt took in the beauty of the view.  Then they were off home so Walt could take a short rest.

Walt came home from the hospital late Thursday night.  I gave him a day to recover and Saturday was his day for dialysis, but today was the day I was intending to visit.  I was just about to tell Ken that I was leaving when they arrived.  Walt looked good, considering that he had been in the hospital for over 15 weeks and lost lots of weight.  He is weak but he could get in and out of the car and up out of the chair.  And most importantly, he is just as interested as ever in the world around him.  We were thrilled and surprised to see him driving down our driveway.  We were also as pleased as punch!!

No comments: