Thursday, July 28, 2016

July 28, 2016. Western Head, Nova Scotia. The System.

The system works beautifully.  I can brag because it was not my idea.   Every afternoon between 4 and 5 o'clock, a car drives into our driveway carrying our dinner.  Faye brings the food into the kitchen and leaves the items to be heated sitting on top of a cold stove while the food needing refrigeration she puts into the garage fridge.  She leaves a menu along with instructions alongside the food.  She leaves the food whether or not we are home.

When we are ready to eat, we follow her instructions.   The food we set out on the kitchen table for everyone to help themselves.    I serve the dessert.  After dinner, all we need to do is to put away the extra food, load the dishwasher and wash the dishes and equipment belonging to the Riverbank.  Faye picks up the clean dishes in the garage when she brings the new batch of food.

David contracted with the Riverbank last summer and we continued the catering when Dave and Irene were here.  Irene commented that it see like we were all on vacation when no one cooked.  And she was right.  This year I again ordered the  catering so from when we arrived on July 13 until August 1st, the food has been arriving, except for Saturday and Sunday when we fend for ourselves.  All I do is write a cheque.  My freezers are full with left over food so I suspect we can eat out of the freezers until we leave in October.  Getting old has it's own rewards.  This catering system is wonderful.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great and well organised catering company, I admire the efficient system you have built up! It must be so easy and convenient for you to know that food is on its way each evening and not have to worry about what to cook. Do you mind if I ask how much you are paying for the service at the moment? I'm very much interested in looking into something similar myself. Cheers!