Saturday, July 30, 2016

July 30, 2016. Western Head, N.S. Pat and Mal.

Just as Pat and Mal were leaving the house to get into the car to leave for the airport,  I joked to Mal that just that morning I had walked into an upstairs bathroom and the light would not go on.  I commented that I should have gone into the bathroom yesterday when Mal could change the bulb.  Mal stopped,  looked at me and said, "What bathroom?"   He immediately went upstairs, took up the stepladder and replaced the bulb, all in the space of five minutes.  His task was complete.

The first thing Mal does upon arrival is to check all the lights and replace those that are burned out.  Ken and I can no longer change our own bulbs so he helps us out.  This year,  our Mississippi family and friends changed several burned out bulbs so Mal did not have many lights to replace, but he found a few.

In addition to the lights, Pat and Mal help in the kitchen.  Pat cleaned the sink every night and every morning Mal made the coffee and unloaded the dishwasher.  They are wonderful guests.  When they finally drove off after the one last task, I told Mal he was just like the coffee:  :Good to the last drop".

No comments: