Sunday, May 10, 2020

May 10, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. Neighbors.

On one side of my house in Mississippi is a beautiful big house. I have always wanted to see in that house because in the entrance, stands a lovely sculpture. We moved into our home in April, 2015. I have seen the couple twice. Other folks tell me they are friendly people but we never cross paths. I know why. I am only here in the Spring and the Fall. They both work at their own business so they travel for business. They own a house in New Orleans and a country place in Colorado. They also are always either coming or going. But today I got lucky. I got to get to know my neighbor. The day was beautiful. Sunny and 73. I went for a walk at 4:45. As I passed my neighbors house I heard a voice call out "Hello". So I stopped to look. I greeted her and told her my name. And we both laughed. The wife is a very nice lady and we chatted for 15 minutes which was difficult for me because I had nothing to hold me steady. I learned a lot. They are both pilots and own their own plane so get to places in their own plane. Since the virus took hold, they are both staying home and she is enjoying her lovely home. Normally, they are only home for short periods of time. But now they are home and having a good time. I already knew they have 4 Bentleys in their garages, which they have 6. But we did not talk about them today. They take the virus seriously because her husbands mother died of the virus last week and she had been ill with the virus a month. Of course she was in her upper 80's and had health issues. Also her husband's father died a month ago from other causes but they are both getting over the two deaths. My other neighbors were correct. My neighbor is a nice lady. And I got lucky by going for a walk just when she was outside. Now I must find out her name.

No comments: