Friday, May 15, 2020

May 15, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. Three Surprises.

The first surprise occurred last evening. My across the street neighbor, Donna, texted me to ask if I would like to have a hamburger for dinner. They were just lighting up the grill. Of course I said yes. When she brought over my dinner at 7:30, we had a little chat which I also enjoyed. I devoured my hamburger with all the fixings and French fries done in the over. Plus cheesecake for defeat. One of the side effects of the virus is that I have gotten to know Donna and her family better. She has offered to get groceries for me and more than once she brings dinner. This was a lovely surprise number 1. This afternoon, Christina texted to ask if I wanted them to bring dinner from Pig and Pint. Mary Frances had been shopping in Fondren and spotted the little pub and suggested we dine tonight on their food. So we did. Mary Frances came straight in her own car which meant she and I had a conversation all by ourselves. And Christina and Molly picked up the food. Our dinner was delicious. I ate brisket which was tender and juicy. And I have enough left over for tomorrow. After dinner we sat and chatted in the living room. And we had a jolly good time. That was my surprise number 2. This morning I received an e mail from my new neighbors down the street, inviting me for dinner either Saturday or Tuesday. I selected Saturday so tomorrow evening I will walk down the street at 6:00 to have dinner with Carrie and Brooks. They will walk me home in the dark. I had stopped by to welcome them to the neighborhood several weeks ago. I have ordered one of Brook's books and look forward to talking to them some more. They came for coffee a couple of weeks ago when we mostly talked about him and his family. Tomorrow evening I must ask questions about Carrie. So this was my third surprise. I am just bursting out with pleasant surprises. I am a lucky lady.

No comments: