Saturday, May 9, 2020

May 9, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. Temperature.

People in Mississippi are loving the temperature. This moment, the outside temperature iS 54. It will drop tp 48 overnight. Tomorrow will be 70, the highest for the day. This feels like winter and folks are loving it. Normally, the temperatures are in the 80's. So they are enjoying the cooler days and nights. Kashina enjoys the heat so she does not enjoying what she calls "the winter weather". Yesterday it rained, beginning in the middle of the night and ending at 4:00 in the afternoon. And it was blustery. Today no boats were on the reservoir because the wind was strong. Waves actually came over my neighbors dock. But the sun shone all day which was a blessing. I do not like to fiddle with the three thermostats. I like to turn on the cool and leave it. But yesterday when I got up from resting my legs I discover that my nose was red and cold. I looked at the temperature on the living room and saw it was 68 so decided I needed to switch to heat, which I did. It was a good thing too because the night time outdoor temperature was 45. No the house is again cosy. The insulation in this house must be good because it takes a long time for the interior to change. Ken and I replaced the windows that were single pane, which were the high large windows in our bathroom and in the two sun rooms. And we installed insulation in the attic over our TV/sun room off our bedroom. Even if the outside temperature goes high, the interior of the house barely changes, at least for a while. I have made some rules. I change to heat when the interior temperature goes below 70. And I switch to cool when it gets to be 80. Kashina was chilly last Sunday and asked to put on the heat. When it was 72, I told her it was against the rule so she I suggested she put on a jacket, which she did. But I think she thinks I am nuts. Tomorrow will be chilly too but starting on Tuesday, the temperatures will get to 80. The Mississippi folks are enjoying these wonderful cool weather. But I tell them that in Nova Scotia this would be a warm summer day. Temperature is so relative to what is normal. Interesting the difference.

No comments: