Monday, May 25, 2020

May 25, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. Puzzle Solved.

Saturday evening, my puzzle was solved. Finally, the pieces fit together. One evening, I saw a couple singing gospel songs. She was beautiful with a lovely voice while her husband played the guitar and sang. She was holding a young child, perhaps 18 months. The child had Downs syndrome. I did not know the names of the singers. But I remember the image. Next a few months later I heard a young man sing on TV. He made his living singing country and gospel songs. Bill G. was interviewing this young man in between the singing. They young man had a wonderful voice. He was very disabled but he sang like an angel. One thing they talked about was when the young man sang at the funeral of a young lady, Joni, who was a professional musician and who had just recently died. I did not know the lady. The next piece of the puzzle was when I spotted a 30 minute TV show on the Rural Channel, called "The Life I Live'. The show is charming. It tells about a young man who is trying to make a difference with his life. He is raising his daughter by himself living in the country, surrounded by his sisters and their family. The child has Downs and his wife had recently died from cancer and is buried in the family property. The show is current. I just watched episode 6, which refers to the virus. Finally I got the whole pieces of the puzzle. Saturday evening, Bill G.was interviewing the same man from the TV show. When I was flipping channels I recognized his name. Unfortunately I missed the first half of the program but I found out the whole story. The young couple were professional musicians who made their living singing. They decided to stop touring and build a little house alongside his family. And they did. They converted the barn into a music hall and they held concerts with visiting musicians. It was a success. And his wife got pregnant which pleased everyone. The baby whose name is Indiana, was born with Downs. 18 months later she was diagnosed with cancer and she died six months later. The reason the the man was being interviewed by Bill G. was that a new disc was released with Joni and Rory singing so I got to see lots of pictures of both of them singing. She had always wanted to record her favorite hymns which they did shortly before she died. Now I know the whole story. The little TV show is one I look for because you see how Rory and Indiana are doing, which is well. Finally I patched together these four facts. Now I know the whole story. Whew.

No comments: