Wednesday, May 27, 2020

May 27, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. Doctor Appointment.

I was hoping my appointment today with my Oncologist would be the last before leaving for Nova Scotia. But no such luck. I have learned that one doctor appointment leads to another. Dr. Sheehan wants to have another PET scan before I leave which means more blood drawn after the scan followed by a tele conference with Dr. Sheehan. They will be done the week before I depart. As predicted, my blood work has deteriorated. My white cells are 4 where they were 9.5 three weeks ago and my red cells are down too. That is what happens to the immune system with Ibrance, which is why I keep my social circle very small. This test result is a good reminder to keep away from crowds and public places. The last two times I used Ibrance I got no infections because I was careful to keep away from anyone who could have a cold or flu. So in Nova Scotia I will not be able to attend concerts or big parties which I enjoyed last year. But I did it before and I can do it again. Because of the shutdown in Canada the whole year of The Reader's Festival has been cancelled so at last I will not be missing those events. With any luck I will be able to attend in 2021. So one more appointment before I leave. I was hoping I would be finished today. I should have known better.

No comments: