Thursday, May 14, 2020

May 14, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. Plumbers.

When the plumbers left, all issues had been resolved and I felt righteous. For quite a while, perhaps years, I have been putting up with three plumbing issues in the house. None were particularly important so I did not call a plumber. I ignored them. The three problems were the toilet that ran sometimes after a flush in the powder room, a tap that dripped in the big never used bath tub and only used by the cleaning lady to fill her bucket and the hot water tap at my sink in the bathroom that a small stream of water comes out. So I put up with these items because I could fix them. My fiddling with the powder room handle I got rid of the toilet and by turning the tap hard in the tub IO got rid of the drip and I just used the second sink, Ken's sink in the bathroom. But one day I could not stop the drip so I called the plumber, the same one who fixed all our issues when we moved in. Two days later they were here, the main plumber who I knew from the past and an assistant, who turned out to be a lady. I did not know she was a lady until she brought me in the bill. I was delighted to see women getting jobs in the trades. When they arrived, the two plumbers quietly went about their business and after 90 minutes everything was done. They told me what they had done and asked if I wanted to check if all was OK but I told them that I counted on their expertise. So I just wrote them a cheque and thanked them for their service. After they left I felt great. Those three items have irritated me for too long. Ken never would allow anything left unattended so he would be pleased that all is in order in the plumbing department at home. It makes no sense but I felt satisfied with myself when the plumbers left. I felt so pleased with myself that I wondered it took so long for me to call the plumber. Next time I will remember...maybe.

No comments: