Thursday, May 28, 2020

May 28, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. Odds & Ends.

I misunderstood. I merely need to have blood drawn on June 17. So I am pleased. No PET scan. My friend Sara Lou knew all about the story long before I figured it out. Joey and Rory Feek married in 2002. They were successful musicians. She died of ovarian cancer in 2016 when their daughter was 2. Rory started a blog when Joey was diagnosed with cancer. it is "This Life I lead.com." The TV show is taken from his blog and just started in March, 2020. One other part of the puzzle is that I had seen Rory playing on a TV show called Muletown, a Saturday evening music show featuring country musicians. He is also an associate producer. N0w I think I know the whole stpry. And one other thing: Rory raised his first two daughters by himself. When Joey and Rory married the girls were 13 and 16. Now they are young adults. A friend asked me recently about the Salvation Army bellringers at Christmas. She was told that the bellringers get a tip, a percentage of the take from the red kettles. I had no idea but I doubted it. Saturday evening, for 30 minutes I watch "Ray Stevens Cabaret" from Nashville. He is older but still good. I knew nothing about him or his history in Nashville but since I have been watching his little show, I see him on TV all the time, here and there on many programs. Interesting what I learn from TV.

No comments: