Thursday, May 7, 2020

May 7, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. The Stanley Cup.

While I was flipping channels, trying to find something to watch as I eat my crackers before taking Letrazole, I spotted the hockey game between Las Vegas and Washington. It was the fifth game in the series and it was in Las Vegas. It was lots of fun because it was the last game of the series. I caught it just at the end of the second period when the score was tied. At the beginning of the third period, Las Vegas scored. The crowd went wild. Soon the Caps scored to tie it up again. The play was wonderful with opportunities on both sides. Just near the end, the Caps scored. And they held on to win the series. I watched the game in real time but enjoyed it even more yesterday. Pure joy on the faces of all the players on the Washington team. Pure joy. In my life, I have seen many final games in the Stanley Cup series. All teams to the same thing and it is always fun. But I do not think I have seen a team enjoy winning the Stanley Cup more that the Washington Capital team. Success in the playoffs was hard to come by for the Caps. Year after year, they lost, often in the first series even though their season had been strong. Now they had won the prize and they enjoyed the celebration. It was fun watching grown men act like little boys, just jumping for joy. Several good things have come out of the virus. Replaying the final of the Stanley cut was great fun for me. During normal times, I would have been watching a game in real time. But here I was reliving the game. I enjoyed every minute.

No comments: