Wednesday, May 13, 2020

May 13, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. Grocery Shopping.

I did it. Everyone else has been using this new system for a couple of years but today was the first time I picked up my groceries after ordering my groceries on line yesterday afternoon. The reason I took so long is that I actually enjoy shopping for food. I walk up and down every isle and get lots of ideas for meals. I also use shopping to get in my walking, especially in inclement weather. But now I can not go to the grocery store. My neighbor has been picking up items when I run out but I decided that I could do it myself. Christina set up my account with Krogers so I was set. My first attempt with ordering took a long time. Everything was new but eventually I figured it out and got my order done. I selected today to pick up the groceries between 9 and 10 because Kashina was working today. She brings the bags into the kitchen. Then we both put the food away together. The system worked perfectly. When we arrived, we call to let them know we are ready and which spot we were waiting. I expected a wait but two minutes later, the lady was putting the groceries in the back of the car. Pretty nifty. I actually forgot to order several items and also ordered some items twice. And I did not receive any meat. They give you a list of any items I did not receive and deduct it from the total but they give no explanations. But I was happy to find a fridge full of food. The moral of the story is that you can teach an old dog a new trick!!

No comments: