Saturday, May 16, 2020

May 16, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. Dinner with Carrie and Brooks.

My evening was delightful as well as delicious. When I first arrived just after 6:00, Brooks was sitting on their front porch so the first thing we did was to sit on the front porch and drink a glass of red wine. The evening was pleasant so the three of us sitting on the porch was perfect. They told me all the changes that had made in the interior of their home. I watched as the weeks went by and the work on the house kept on going so I knew lots of work was going on inside. This evening I got to see the results of all their efforts and good ideas. The home is lovely. When Carrie was ready to cook she invited us into the kitchen so we could nibble while she cooked. The kitchen is beautiful. They installed a large island in the center so Brooks and I sat at the island nibbling cheese and crackers and nuts while we watched the action. Next step was dinner in the dining room. On the wall are hung family photographs which are charming. And our dinner was delicious and elegant. Scallops, my favorite. Carrie likes to cook and tonight I could see the results of her expertise. Dinner was delicious. Along with a separate plate for a salad I was part of the clean plate brigade. Dessert was gelato and fancy cookies. Whew. What a meal. Both Brooks and Carrie along with their two dogs and cats walked me home, which I appreciated. When they take the dogs for a walk their cat always walks along with them. Very sweet. I had a wonderful evening. Between the good company and the good food I had an evening fit for a Queen. I certainly felt as if I was a Queen all thanks to Carrie and Brooks for their kindness. They are good neighbors and I am grateful to call them friends.

No comments: