Friday, May 22, 2020

May 22, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. My New Pig.

My new pig is named Sylvester and sits on the front stoop guarding my house. The pig is a gift to myself for good behavior. On Thursday morning, Kashina and I visited the Mississippi Craft Center. Whenever I want to give a gift, I visit the Craft Center and I shop. They have wonderful objects and I can spent a lot of time admiring the works of art, all done by hand. My grandniece and her husband purchased their first home in Lafayette, In. and I wanted to send them a house warming gift. Mississippi has wonderful pottery so after chatting with Katey I decided to send Mississippi pottery. The lady in the large store helped and we quickly selected the gifts. I have learned that the checking out is lengthy so I sit across from the check out place on a comfortable chair while the lady wraps up the objects. As I sit and wait, I look at the objects I can see from my chair. One object I spotted was a pig. The artisan makes his art from recycled metal. The body was made from an old propane tank, painted pinky/brown. He was charming but I did not know if he would fit outside my front door. Also I was unsure if Kashina and I could carry the pig. I asked for the price which was affordable. Kashina measured and I decided to buy myself the pig so I called the Center and paid for it. Today, Christina and the girls picked up my pig and installed him outside the front door. I love my new pig. He pleased me every time I walk along my front walk. That by itself is worth the expense. Hurrah for me. My home now has another pig.

No comments: