Tuesday, May 5, 2020

May 5, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. Boundaries.

I am pushing out my boundaries. This morning I had coffee at the home of Greta Barbour and John. We sat on their front porch and enjoyed the beautiful weather. But no hugging which in Mississippi is most unusual. Everyone hugs here. But not now. Greta Barbour offered to come to my home for coffee but I suggested I could come to her. I used Lyft. The driver who took me to the eye doctor and who was helpful offered to have me call him for a ride. The system is for me to call him on his cell. When he arrives, I call for a Lyft and he responds immediately that he will take my ride. And we proceed to my destination. He came to pick me up in 90 minutes. John commented that I have my own chauffeur, which I do. Good system for me. We sat on the porch and talked. One thing we talked about was being late. Greta Barbour said that she is always late so we three tried to figure out why. Our family is never late. In fact we are more often early. Next we discussed the state of the country and the power grabs we see from the governors and mayors. The situation is ridiculous. 50% of deaths occur in nursing homes. Yet we have the young and healthy folks locked up at home. Let the old and infirm stay home. Everyone else should be going to work. We all agreed. Mississippi is beginning to open up. Restaurants can open with 50% capacity. Except the mayor of Jackson says no. Stupidity in action. We all three agreed. I enjoyed the excursion, the coffee and the conversation, I have pushed out my boundaries, just a bit and I enjoyed every minute.

No comments: