Tuesday, May 19, 2020

May 19, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. Decisions.

Ken and I made decisions together. We discussed options. Then we made the decision. We had no difficulty making them. For us it was easy. We assembled the date and spelled out options and then made a decision. But now I am on my own trying to figure out what to do. For the last few weeks I have been mulling the question of when to fly to Nova Scotia. I was booked to fly on June 7 but the border is still closed to Canada. I finally got confirmation that I could enter Cadada because I am a citizen of Canada. But NS has been closed to flights from Ontario so I was unclear about the journey. In addition, NS required a 14 day quarintine upon arrival. So I asked my Wonderful Wendy for help. Both her Ken and Wendy gave me information. Ken gave me the web site that gave me the number to ask about citizenship and Canada. But they both urged me to stay in Mississippi a bit longer. With my reduced immune system plus the virus risk of infection, they both urged me to stay put. As I had no urgency to be in Nova Scotia on June 7, I decided to rebook my flight to June 29. It turns out that my flights would have not worked anyway as a time change left me unable to get my connection. So I hope by then the border will be open and the 14 day quarantine will lifted. But no matter what, I will get on that plane to Halifax. My day will be long. I leave Jackson for Charlotte at 7:00. Next a flight to Toronto and finally a flight to Halifax, arriving at 11:15. I took me awhile to make my decision but finally with a boost by Wendy and Ken I have made my decision. June 29 is the day.

No comments: