Saturday, May 23, 2020

May 23, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. Lunch.

We felt as if we had been let out of prison. Yesterday, Christina, Molly, Mary Frances and I ate lunch at Sal & Phils, my favorite restaurant for lunch in Ridgeland. Christina and the girls brought my pig so I convinced them that I would be safe. Our spirits were high. The restaurant is perfect for me. The tables had been moved well away from other tables so we were separated from other people. Actually, that new system will work well for me as my immune system goes down. In the past when we went to restaurants we either ate outside or sat in a corner of the restaurant away from other people. So the arrangement was perfect for both the virus and my compromised immune system, We are used to dining out. But with the restaurants closed we did fine by bringing food to the house. And we were happy. But we were all excited to eat at the restaurant something that we paid no attention in the past. So we had a good lunch and a festive lunch. We were so successful that on Sunday at Brunch we will dine at Sombra, our favorite Mexican restaurant in the Renaissance. Perhaps Kate will join us too as we are dining outside. I have not seen Kate since the virus as she is in contact at the hospital every day. I still have her birthday gift. Today was the first meal in a restaurant since the lockdown.. The first of many I hope and pray.

No comments: