Thursday, May 21, 2020

May 21, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. Naps.

Several years ago, the Neurologist told Ken that he might try to put his feet up every afternoon for an hour. This was after he was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease. Ken ignored the advice but instead took naps in a recliner chair. But I remembered after my neuropathy legs developed after the first infusion chemotherapy. So I took to putting my feet up on the bed every afternoon. It is supposed to make my legs feel better especially at night. Mostly I do not sleep when I nap but I do lie down covered by a quilt and try to stay on the bed for an hour. Sometimes I sleep for a short while and mostly I am ready to get up after 30 minutes but I try to force myself to stay an hour. I actually have no idea whether or not the nap helps my legs. But by now it is an excuse to take a nap every afternoon. The best time to take a nap is when it is raining. This week, I could hear thunder in the distance so I headed to the bed and stayed there as the storm came closer, followed by the rain. At first the rain was light but soon it poured. I was snuggled under my quilt listening to the rain. And I decided that there was absolutely nothing better in life than taking a nap while listening to the rain. I fell asleep and when I woke up the rain had stopped. My nap was perfect because I was lulled to sleep by the rain. Pretty nice.

No comments: