Monday, January 11, 2021

January 11, 2021. Playa Royale, Mexico. Television.

I watch television when I eat dinner. I am looking for programs that provide me with information. And I am looking for a game. My habit when I move to a new place is to spend time checking out the channels to see what is being shown. And I write them down on my handy pad of paper. Tonight is Monday so I wondered if Antiques Roadshow would be on PBS at 7:00. Sure enough, I looked at my list of channels and put in 51.22. I was delighted to find my favorite show. They were showing an old program from Baltimore, first filmed in 2007. Then they updated the appraisel for 2021. A mask from South America was appraised at $20,000. in 2007. But in 2021, it was worth $1500. I hope she sold it years ago. Goodness. The channels here are not good. I can watch 2 Canadian channels and 2 German speaking channels. Lots of Spanish. On in French. I always find at least 2 channels showing soccer. And a National Georaphic in Spanish. This year we have new television sets in the bedrooms. Last year we had a new larger set in the living room but the old outdated units were still in the bedrooms. Now we have gotten modern. In Mississippi I watch TV when I eat lunch but not here in Playa. Nothing to watch. In Mississippi I watch 2 travel shows at 1:00 but here I usually eat closer to 2:00 so I read. Now that I have been here a week, I am now an expert on what channels will be good for me. I am all set with my channels.

No comments: