Thursday, January 21, 2021

January 21, 2021. Playa Royale, Mexico. Expectations.

Last evening I had every expectation of a lovely sunset. I took my orange drink and sat at the table, looking forward to watching a beautiful sunset. I even took out Rita's hat to protect my eyes. But my expectations were dashed. The whole sky was dark blue. In every direction I could see only dark sky. There was no sign of sun anywhere. I had not noticed during the day. But as I sat hoping while drinking my orange drink, all I could see was dark sky. There was no sign of a sun at all. The only sign I could see that sunset was coming was a big sail boat, that comes out for a sunset sail every evening. Tonight was different. Everything was different. I was the same, with the hat on my head and my drink in my hand. But nothing outside was the same. The sun was shining, in fact it looked like a highway between the horizon and the beach. It as if a car could drive along the sun highway. The sky overhead was bright blue and clear. Just over the horizon I could see clouds, which means the sunset might be espcially good. The evening was perfect. My expectations were not dashed tonight. My respone was the same as yesterday. I just think that both evenings were interesting. Living here has been surprisinly pleasant. I expected to have difficulty living by myself with no friends to meet and geet at the pool. But I am having a good time. This afternoon my second grocery order arrived. This time Marlin ordered my list on line yesterday and were delivered this afternoon. One of the cleaning folks brought the groceres to the condo and helped me put everything away. Now I have enough food for the next two or three weeks. My expectations regarding getting enough food have been wrong. In fact my anxiety of living here by myself has been better than expected, which is a good thing. Rxceeding expectations is always good. I am once again fortunate.

No comments: