Sunday, January 3, 2021

January 3, 2021. Playa Royale, Mexico. Old Dog. New Tricks.

By the time I arrived at my gate in Dallas, I was nausiated and exhausted. No sleeo. Early to the airport for a 6:00 flight. No breakfast and no tea. I was miserable and I had over three hours to wait. Th lady who pushed me kn Dallas left me a wheel chair so I could use it as a walker and put my bag and backpack on the seat. So I decided to get some exercise and find a restaurang and a restroom. I walked a long way and got better with every step. Then my good idea kicked in. I spotted the American Airlines Club. I went in to see if I qualified. Negative which I felt sure was the case. But he told me that I could buy a day pass as I was travelling business class. At first I demurred. But then I calculated how much I was paying per hour and took his bite. I gave him my credit card and he gave me the pass. It was a bargain. This club provides complementary breakfast. And I ate a bananaI drank two cups of tea. First one English Breakfast with milk and the second Earl Gray clear. And I ate a piece of avacado toast. You were offered lots of stuff on top, uch as eggs or bacon or cheese. But I just wanted avacado toast. The place was large so I walked up and down multiple times. Every so often I sat in a comfortable chair and closed my eyes but I did not sleep. It seems my body has forgotten to go off duty. I left the Club and walked to my gate. And I had 5 minutes before boarding. Two and a half hours later I was in Puerto Vallarta. A delightful young man pushed me through all the steps at the airport. Fortunately the airport was not crowded. He made sure I was safely in the taxi. And I was at Playa Royale before 5:00. I made it. Tomorrow I will feel a whole lot better. But thar time at the American Club bailed me out. Whew.

No comments: