Sunday, January 31, 2021

January 31, 2021. Playa Royale, Mexico. Walking.

Fortunately, I have been walking all my life. Ken and I walked tremendous distances every Sunday morning while the boys were at college and befor we bought the new farm. Because of all that walking, I have had no problems with either my hips or knees. And my bone density is good. Of course, one positive in being overweight is that your bone density is better than those ladies who are extremely thin. One good aspect of living at Playa Royale is that you walk naturally. We always walked to the Plaza or to the hote/time share. And we walked to restaurants. But now I am not able to do that by myself. I need friends or family here. So now I walk to be walking to keep fit, not to get someplace. This morning I decided to try walking downstairs on the parking area surrounding the five towers of condos. After one trip I decided that walking on the balcony is easier and safer and does not give me any additional pleasure. I must keep watching the pavement right infront of my feet so I can catch the changes in pavement. And I must keep track of cars driving in the parking lot. On the balcony, I can look out to see the mountains and the birds because I know the floor is level. I do not need to watch my feet. So after one loop of the parking lot, I walked to the beach restaurant for lunch. I did the rest of my walking after my afernoon rest, all on the balcony. I have never understood why sometimes exercise is easy and sometimes everything feels bad. I have heard even elite world class athletes say the same thing. I do not know if it is the mind or the body. I walk at least 10 laps a day on the balcony but never moe than 6 at a time. Some days when I start I think I will have trouble walking 2 laps. But I kep going and soon I have finished 4. When my legs give up, I go inside and come back to finish. Walking for me is not easy anymore. I feel as though I am walking on stilts, except my legs hurt. And they get numb. But the best part is that my legs work just fine even though they feel odd. So I am walking and singing most of the time. Pretty good for an old lady.

No comments: