Friday, January 8, 2021

January 8, 2021. Play Royale, Mexico. Marlin.

Marlin is the conceriege at Playa Royale. She has been in that job since we moved here for the winter, many years ago. She does her job well. She is helpful, enthusiastic and effecient. Her job requires her to multi task. Over the years we have had many doculents sent to her to print. We had no printer. When we were involed in real estate transactions, we would send her the documents to print. Then we would go to her office to sign them. Next she scanned them and sent them back. When both Ken and I were in the hospital at the same time, we needed to move from the time share to our condo at Playa. Marlin went and brought all our belonging to Playa. Yesterday my groceries arrived thanks to Marlin. Our plan was fo me to give her my grocery list on Wednesday when she would put the order in on line. Thursday was the day the store would deliver the goods. But Marlin was forced to take two personal days off from work and she was concerned with my groceries. So she came to my condo in the middle of the morning to get my list. In the afternoon, she actually went to the store herself and purchased my goods. When she arrived with the stuff, I paid her for the bill. She never told me what she was doing earlier in the day but it is a typical response from Marlin. She was concerned with my groceries nd went way beyond the norm, which of course is why I apprecieate her so much. Actually, as I am alone, I told her that she is my only friend at Playa. No one is visiting me, and my friends from other units are not coming this year. We both laughed and she squeezed my hand. I may have only one friend here at Playa Royale, but I have a good one in Marlin.

No comments: