Monday, January 4, 2021

January 4, 2021. Playa Royale, Mexico. Easier Life.

Just after breakfast, at 11:00, I went down to pay my grocery bill to Marlin, the conceriege of Playa. She had kindly offered to get a little groceries in the condo so I could eat when I arrived. I gave her a short list: butter, fruit, multi grain bread, cheese and yogurt. Unfortuntely she forgot the cheese and yogurt so for dinner last evening I ate two pieces of toast and a delicious large tangerine. Sh also bought strawberry jam. But I do not eat jam. I paid my bill of 150 pesos, about $12. And we chatted. Then I asked her for the name of a person who I could shop for me at the large grocery store. "No problem, " said Marlin. "I have an account at Walmart. If you give me your list, I will order the groceries on line. They will deliver the groceries here to my office the next day. And I will send the groceries to your condo. The housekeepers will be happy to help." My life just got easier here at Playa Royale in Mexico. On Wednesday morning I will giver her my list. Just as I was leaving, I told Marlin that I was going up to bring all my belongings from the locker. Again she intervened and offered to send up a housekeeper to help. And she did. In a Mexican minute, which took about 5 minutes, one of the young men came up to empty the locker. It took him 5 minutes using one of the new carts to bring everything and set them carefully on the dinibg table. After asking if there was anything else he could do for me, I asked him to plug in my three chargers plus the extension for the computer. Such a help. It took me four times for him to accept a tip. Those two actions on Marlin's part made my life in Playa Royale so much easier. Once again, I am grateful.

No comments: