Friday, January 22, 2021

January 22, 2021. Playa Royale, Mexico. Chilly or Warm.

I walked into the office of Marlin. She was sitting at her desk on the phone. I watched her in action but as she was speaking spanish the only thing I could do was watch. And I looked at what she was wearing. She was wearing a pair of black jeans. And a pair of boots that came over her ankles. On the top she was wearing a white long sleeved shirt, open at the neck. And she wore a fleece vest, zipped alost to the top. She was comfortable mid January in Mexico. I was wearing a light cotton dress and teva sandals. I was comfortable in mid January in Mexico. She and I discussed our business and we discussed the resort. Our conversation included her son, who was spending three weeks in the US as part of his training in the hospitality business. As I was ready to leave, I commented that I was going to walk outside. Marlin shivered and commented that it was chilly so I should be careful of getting cold. I just laughed and said,"Marlin. I was born and raised in Canada. This does not feel chilly to me." And we both laughed. Once again I was reminded about temperature differences, which are always relative. When we moved to Texas in 1964, Ken and I laughed the first winter when we noticed everyone was wearing warm coats while we were wearing sweaters. But after a summer in Galveston, Ken and I the second winter also started wearing a coat in the winter. We had gotten accomodated to the temperaure and now the winter seemed chilly. Funny how that happens. That is why I feel warm here in the winter in Mexico while Marlin knows it is chilly. And she dresses in winter clothes while I wear light weight summer clothes. Same temperature, just different response. Interesting.

No comments: