Wednesday, January 27, 2021

January 27, 2021. Playa Royale, Mexico. My Meals.

I have just finished my third rotissere chicken. My main meals nclude chicken. Fortunately I like them. One chicken lasts me a week. For dinner tonight I ate the last of the chicken and a salad, made with the last of the bag of greens and a cut up tomato. Last evening I ate a piece of chicken plus two small potatoes, cooked in the microwave. I have one more chicken in the freezer ready to get out tomorrow to thaw. Fortunately I am happy to eat the same thing day after day. Odd but true. For lunch I eat either a sandwich or a cup of soup. I order sliced turkey and ham with every order of groceries. I make myself a sandwich of sliced meat and cheese along with romain lettuce. I freeze one type of sliced meat and use up the other. Rita left packages of dried soup in the locker so I have used two packages in the pot and cook them. Then I use the leftover in the fridge for the next time. I pay no attention for what they are. These soups taste good and last for several meals. Then I must make more. For dessert I eat fruit, either a tangerine or grapes. My breakfasts are boring. I make coffee every three days. I drink one cup every morning and leave the rest in the pot. Next day I just heat up yeserdays coffee, which tastes perfectly fine to me. I eat toast with either cheese or peanut butter on alternet days. And I always eat fruit, a banana until I run out of bananas or another piece of fruit, either grapes or a tangerine. My grocery list always includes more fruit but I never get anything but bananas, tangerines and grapes. But I am pleased to get them. And that is how I survive here in Mexico. Tomorrow I will cook a meat sauce for pasta. I will cook the whole package of pasta and keep the leftover in the fridge and eat on it until the pot is empty. I order groceries every two weeks with Marlin. So all is well. And I am not fading away!!

No comments: