Sunday, January 24, 2021

January 24, 2021. Playa Royale, Mexico. Happy Hour.

The Beach restaurant infront of the edge of our resort holds a Happy Hour every evening from 4 to 6. You order one drink, but you get two. So when you order one beer, you receive two. In years past, the place was busy. Very busy. Yesterday only 4 tables full of people were enjoying the Happy Hour. I had forgotten about Happy Hour but late yesterday afternoon I decided to go down and enjoy the beach and order guacomola dip, which I love. The day was beautiful. Also I decided to drink a beer, something I had not done for months or maybe years. I ordered guacomola dip and a carona. While I was waiting for my order I look up and down the beach which is always interesting. I spotted a volleyball game at the next resort. The players were surprisingly good. And I watched the dog walkers on the edge of the water. The vendors were packing up and heading home towards Bucerias. Three young men had been selling Mexican blankets. I watched as they folded their blankets very tightly so they could fit into their backpacks. They were just at the edge of the restaurant so I could see their blankets which looked beautiful. Just before they headed away, the heavy packs were hoisted to their back and off they went. Once again, I was pleased I did not sell objects while walking along the beach. Tough way to make a living. The guacoloma dip was delicious. And I ate the whole thing all by myself leaving nothing to bring up to the condo. They brought me a pail of ice. Hidden inside could be found two cans of beer. The waiter had to tell me what was in the pail. For half of the first beer, I really enjoyed the taste. It was cold and bitter and was perfect with the dip. But the second beer I brought home. Before I left, I ordered an avacado filled with shrimp to take home with me. I ate it for lunch today, which was delicious. Once every three weeks is a fine idea to atend Happy Hour. I thoroughly enjoyed myself so in three more weeks I will do it again.

No comments: