Thursday, January 28, 2021

January 28, 2021. Playa Royale, Mexico. My Days.

I am alone here in Mexico. I suspect no one is going to visit me and no friends who normally are here for the winter season will be here too. Usully I chat with people at the poot and the hot tub but everyone is required to keep their distance so getting to know people is impossible. Only three people are allowed in the hot tub at the same time so you must be so far away that conversation is impossible. I don't even try. Much to my surprise, I am content. And I am enjoying the weather and the condo. All morning I read while I eat breakfast. And if I am likely to talk on the phone that will be the time. I like to get half of my walking before lunch. I walk on the balcony because it is a safe place for me to walk. And it is pleasant. I eat lunch around 2:00. Then I put my feet up and take a nap of 30 to 60 minutes. Next I walk again. I walk between 5 to 7,000 steps every day, not as many as Gill or Rita but pretty good for me. Next I read and responf to e mails. Next up is the orange drink and susnet, which I watch every evening. PBS has prgrams I enjoy t 7:00 so after sunset I watch my favorites: Antique Roadshow on Monday, Finding Your Roots on Tuesday and Nature on Wednesday. Next up is dinner at 8:00. My chores are done bit by bit. I have just started the dishwasher and tomorrow morning I will run the washing machine. At 9:30 I take me evening medications and then write my wee web log. Finally I eat crackers before taking my chemo. I like to get to bed around 11:00. My days have a structure and much to my surprise I am doing just fine being all by myself here in Mexico. With good reading material, my i Pad and my phone I am happy, along with a limited amount of TV. I always watch a hockey game with dinner. So that is how I spend my days all by myself at Playa Royale in Mexico. Surprising me for sure to be enjoying my solitary life.

No comments: