Monday, January 18, 2021

January 18, 2021. Playa Royale, Mexico. Sunsets.

Every susnet is different. We all know that but now that I am alone and watching every sunset by myself, I am paying more attention. I drink my orange drink while watching sunsets and I have no distractions. I never take sunset food to the balcony and with no one to talk to, I watch the evolution of the sunset very closely. The variety is amazing. For the last few evenings, the sky on the horizon has been dark gray. The sky overhead last evening was blue. For about thirty degrees, the sky seemed to be solidly gray but as the sun went down behind the dark sky it was clear that the clouds were not solid. It had striations. So as the sun sank, I could see spots where the sky would break through. Then the big white sun appeared just over the horizon but then a thick veil covering the sun. And the sun glowed like a halo. The sun dropped below the horizon bit by bit. No green flash yesterday. Within ten minutes the clouds along the horizon turned pink and orange. The whole horizon was beautiful. The bright colors lasted until dark. And it was amazing. I thought that the sunset would be a bust. But I was surprised. Every sunset is different and last evening came as a big surprise to me. And every evening the sun sets just a minute or so later. The days are getting longer but very slowly. And I watch every sunset. Amazing.

No comments: