Wednesday, January 13, 2021

January 13, 2021. Playa Royale, Mexico. Alone.

Shortly after Ken died, I had a conversation with friend Butch about living by muself, which I had never done before. Butch said, "You will be surprised, but you will find there are advantages living alone." My comment was to ay that I would let him know. The first time I was living here after Ken died I was in the pool. A lady told me that she was living here with her sister in law and friend, all widows from a little town in Alberta. As I was a new widow, I asked for some advice. She told me that anytime she feels blue or lonely, she thinks about what she could do that day that she could not have done if her husband was alive. I thanked her for her advice and kept it in my memory bank. Sunday I spent a day that could have only been done when I was living by myself. Nor could I spend my time on Sunday if Ken had been alive. Just before 11:00 I checked to find what channels would be showing the 3 football games. As I was scrolling through the channels, I spotted a biography of Frank Sinatra with lots of his singing. The movie started at 10:30 so I missed the beginning but I kept watching until the movie ended at 12:30. Immdiately, the second part of the HBO special came on so I watched it till the end at 2:30. I loved every minute. The whole movie showed lots of his singing. I never did find any games during the day. But when I was ready to eat dinner, I searched out the evening game. And I watched the whole game. I enjoyed it too. Now I could never have watchef those two long TV bouts if I had company or if Ken had been alive. So I have to tell Butch that I just learned something to my advantage by living alone. I certainly enjoyed my day.

No comments: