Wednesday, January 6, 2021

January 5, 2021. Playa Royale, Mexico. Oops.

Just as I was coming through the gate to get into the pool and resort area, all three boxes of food fell out of the bottom of the bag. There was a big mess right infront of the open gate. I stood staring, trying to decide what to do. I knew I could not get down to pick up all the stuff. Fortunately, a waiter on the way to deliver food to the pool area came to my rescue. He called the boss who quickly took charge. While the waiter held the gate open and I watched helplessly, the boss picked up the food from the walkway and told me to go to my room, where he would deliver more food to me. And tht is what he did. Soon the boss rang the buzzer and and appeared with three boxes of my order. I had already eaten half of the avacado and tuna but had not touched the wings. After lunch sitting at the beach restaurant, I was preparing to return to the room with dinner tonight and lunch and dinner tomorrow. When I stood looking at my meals spread out on the pavement, my thought was to wonder what I would eat tomorrow. But the boss man bailed me out. Now I had a full order of both items, along with a box of chips. Pretty good service. Now I did not drop those boxes. While I was sitting after lunch, the waiter put the three boxes in a bag so I could carry them. He had done it yesterday. But this time, the bag was big and had been used. The bottom ju gave way and all the food ended up on the floor. But I got lucky. And I was pleased...but felt foolish.

No comments: