Tuesday, January 19, 2021

January 19, 2021. Playa Royale, Mexico. Football.

When we lived in Texas we always cheered for the Dallas Cowboys. Then we moved to DC and we rooted for the Washington Redskins. On the weekends at the farm everyone cheered for the Pittsburgh Steelers so of course, we cheered for the Steelers. Now that we don't live in any of those towns we still cheer for the three teams. Funny how that happens. People who go to a college always stay a life long supporter of their college team. Lots of people who live in Jackson have a condo in Oxford so they can stay in their own condo while they attend the Ole Miss. games. I am not so loyal. For the past three seasons I have not been watching NFL games. They bcame too political for me. I just watched the Super Bowl. But now that I am living by myself in Mexico with no company, I have been enjoying the playoff games. I have watched them all, in between my walking on the balcony or preparing meals. It has been fun. I was sorry to see the Steelers lose their game. Same for New Orleans. People who live in Mississippi almost all cheer for the Saints, including me. I just want to see other teams get to the big game. I was hoping to see Cleveland win but pleased to see Buffulo in a final game. This Sunday I will again watch both games. And I will enjoy myself even though I hate all the yellow flags. Even though Brady is always a pleasure watching him play, I hope he does not get to the Super Bowl. He already has enough rings. For the rest, I do not care. I just hope to see good, high scoring games. Let the best teams win. Of course, they always do!!

No comments: