Thursday, January 7, 2021

January 7, 2021. Playa Royale. My First Day.

My first day was a reminder of why I like to live here. The first thing I did was cut up the papaya. Marlin had purchased the fruit ripe so It was perfect to eat. I ate beakfast on the balcony watching the little boats bobbing around trying to catch fish. I drank coffee and ate toast and butter along with the papaya. The condo looks out to sea facing west so unil about 4:30 the balcony is shaded and very pleasant. And I look for the island which I could not see. I could hear children chattering away in the shallow pool so between the view, the warm air and clidren's voices my breakfast was delightful. Then I went to the restaurant on the beach, another location that brings pleasue. Usually that restaurant was crowded and the service slow but not on my first day. I was the only customer but by the time I left at 3:00 the beach folks were coming in for a mid afternoon drink. The water was sparking and the waves were high. No one was in the water. Always, when sitting looking at the water and the beach I can see lots of action. People were still walking the beach but not in huge numbers. The vendors still ply their wares all up and down the beach. The wind is still blowing. And my lunch was delicious. My first day was a good one.

No comments: